About Me

I grew up on a farm in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, where I developed a closeness to nature. At Emory and Henry College I studied art with the late George Chavatel. I became a high school English and history teacher, married and had a family. I continued to paint and exhibit. In 2008 I retired from teaching and turned to painting full time. I paint in a detailed, realistic style, both oil and watercolor. Most of my work are landscapes, but I also do animals and flowers.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Top of Roan Mountain

Roan Mountain is a landmark in East Tennessee, along the North Carolina border.  The Appalachian Trail runs across it.  On the mountain top is a "bald," or naturally occurring meadow, relatively flat and covered with grasses, rather than trees.  The mountain top is often shrouded in fog but on clear days, it is very, very beautiful.  This painting is oil on canvas, 10x14--price $250.

No comments:

Post a Comment