About Me

I grew up on a farm in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, where I developed a closeness to nature. At Emory and Henry College I studied art with the late George Chavatel. I became a high school English and history teacher, married and had a family. I continued to paint and exhibit. In 2008 I retired from teaching and turned to painting full time. I paint in a detailed, realistic style, both oil and watercolor. Most of my work are landscapes, but I also do animals and flowers.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mountain Laurel

This is a small oil painting, 8x10.  Price $135.  Mountain laurel is related to rhododendron; its leaves are smaller, as are its blooms.  The clusters of flowers appear in early summer and are white with faint pink markings.  These grew in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

No comments:

Post a Comment