About Me

I grew up on a farm in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, where I developed a closeness to nature. At Emory and Henry College I studied art with the late George Chavatel. I became a high school English and history teacher, married and had a family. I continued to paint and exhibit. In 2008 I retired from teaching and turned to painting full time. I paint in a detailed, realistic style, both oil and watercolor. Most of my work are landscapes, but I also do animals and flowers.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

D0278

In early January 2011 we had awoke one morning to 5-6 inches of snow.  My husband and I went walking in the white stuff.  At the far end of our neighborhood, beyond any houses, stands this lone fire hydrant.  It's surrounded by woods, so I'm not sure why it is there, but on this morning I thought it was lovely with its cone of snow on top.  So I did this small watercolor of the scene.  The painting is 8x11--price $140.

No comments:

Post a Comment