About Me

I grew up on a farm in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, where I developed a closeness to nature. At Emory and Henry College I studied art with the late George Chavatel. I became a high school English and history teacher, married and had a family. I continued to paint and exhibit. In 2008 I retired from teaching and turned to painting full time. I paint in a detailed, realistic style, both oil and watercolor. Most of my work are landscapes, but I also do animals and flowers.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thirty Something

In Valle Crucis, in the mountains of Western North Carolina, between two old barns, there is an ancient Dodge truck--a 30-something model.  It is multiple colors and has bushes growing out of its bed.  I imagine that there are stories here, if we only knew.  This is a watercolor painting, 18.5x33--price $850.

No comments:

Post a Comment