About Me

I grew up on a farm in the mountains of Southwest Virginia, where I developed a closeness to nature. At Emory and Henry College I studied art with the late George Chavatel. I became a high school English and history teacher, married and had a family. I continued to paint and exhibit. In 2008 I retired from teaching and turned to painting full time. I paint in a detailed, realistic style, both oil and watercolor. Most of my work are landscapes, but I also do animals and flowers.

Monday, November 22, 2010

"Partially Red"

"Partially Red" is a watercolor 24"x18," double matted, in a custom made frame.  The actual barn stands in Valle Crucis, NC, near the famous Mast General Store.  This view was from a summer morning in August 2010.  Price: $900

1 comment:

  1. This is so realistic, it looks like a photograph. Beautiful work Martha!

    ReplyDelete